Job TitleStructural Design Engineer
Job IDENG 008
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryThis position will provide technical leadership for and participate in design projects resulting in FAA certification of new aircraft & aircraft systems. An employee in this position will create three-dimensional designs using Siemens NX inside a Teamcenter PDM in support of the existing Eclipse 550 and upcoming Eclipse 550 NG programs. Support includes, but is not limited to: changing existing design, creating new design in support of minor & major design improvements and providing engineering support to suppliers, manufacturing and other organizational functions. Individuals must be self-starting, able to understand the interactions between engineering disciplines, and able to work cooperatively in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
These include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Act as lead for assigned design projects
• Act as technical lead, liaison and/or support for FAA-related topics, including certification & field support
• Design aircraft primary and secondary structure, assemblies & installations
• Provide structural design engineering support to internal and external customers
• Participate in optimization initiatives, including weight reduction, cost & time improvement, etc.
• Ability to adjust work approach & schedule based on the project (e.g. proof-of-concept, flight test, production, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, BSME or BSAE preferred, or equivalent aerospace or related field work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using Siemens NX (NX2 or higher) design software or equivalent
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerance symbology and practices
- Minimum of 5 years aircraft structural design and/or analysis experience
- Familiarity with Siemens Teamcenter Product Data Management (PDM) software
- Working level knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Appreciation for the details surrounding success of a project (i.e. “detail oriented”)
- Good technical writing and strong overall communication skills
- Pragmatic in approach and willing to “lead by example”
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: this is an individual contributor role without supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work may be performed in an office, warehouse or hangar environment with exposure to noise from aircraft and machinery. Light physical demands associated with an office work environment. May need to lift/move materials up to 25lbs. with or without assistance.
TRAVEL: 10% or less travel
REPORTS TO: Manager, Mechanical Engineering
SCHEDULE: M-F / exempt position with a minimum work week of 40 hours
SALARY RANGE: $82K – $110 / year
At Eclipse Aerospace, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on the revolutionary aircraft that began the Very Light Jet category of aircraft. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in aviation as demonstrated by the Eclipse Jet winning the 2005 Collier Trophy as that year’s “greatest achievement in aeronautics and astronautics in America”. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve on the Eclipse Jets for the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to keep our Eclipse Jets at the forefront of aviation. Our employees are not only part of history, they continue making history.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Eclipse provides a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time off (holidays, vacation and sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check which includes a pre-employment drug screen. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Eclipse Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at this time we are not able to sponsor visas.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Eclipse Aerospace, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.