Job TitleManufacturing Engineer, Supply Chain
Job IDSCM 006
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryThis position is responsible for the strategic management of assigned mechanical and build to print commodities / products. Working cross-functionally, the ME owns several key components and processes. The ME will support a small team to perform a production readiness study, set up lean manufacturing processes and automate existing processes including, but not limited to: selecting suppliers to meet the overall Eclipse goals and objectives; support negotiations for supplier contracts; develop new processes; help manage supplier relationships strategically to ensure Eclipse’s technical, manufacturing, quality, product support and logistics needs are met and to ensure a continuity of supply; and manage continuous improvement objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Key business processes that the ME will manage include, but are not limited to the following:
- Factory planning, value stream mapping, production process optimization
- New product introduction & continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the cross functional team
- Perform capacity, capability, quality, delivery and cost analysis and implement closed loop corrective actions or action plans for improvement
- Engage with the appropriate levels of the supplier’s organization to ensure two-way communication, problem resolution, strategic alignment, and synergy
- Ensure closed loop change management processes on engineering changes, schedule changes and part transitions
- Manage ongoing costs and cost reductions
- Develop business cases and deliver technical reviews
- Support set up of production facilities and production lines
- Seek out best practice methods
- Account for and manage Eclipse assets on site at the supplier
In addition, the ME will stay current with industry trends, technology and suppliers and recommend and initiate proactive improvements and solutions such as:
- Monitor industry and supplier’s financial health and ownership and initiate mitigation plans as necessary.
- Based on industry technology and trends, provide recommendations on products and technology to be utilized in the aircraft designs
- Observe geo-political developments around the world and recommend and initiate proactive mitigation plans as necessary.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Sciences or related subject with 3 years direct experience or equivalent education and experience
- Cross functional team management or strong evidence of leadership within teams
- Strong experience in auditing supplier capacity, quality and business processes and capabilities and enacting performance improvements
- Experience in and strong aptitude for dealing with and resolving commercial business issues
- Basic familiarity with supply chain management principles, practices and tools including, but not limited to MRP; document management systems and demand flow.
- Process mapping, lean manufacturing and variable data management experience and skills
- Thorough understanding and practical experience of applying lean methodologies
- History of new technology introduction
- Supplier relationship management experience
- Experience dealing with management and comfortable working with supplier’s executive teams
- Assertive and can interject and intercede to force necessary work and changes to reach the Eclipse objectives
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Available and willing to travel, including overseas if required
- Understand fiduciary responsibility and limitations
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in an agile business environment
- Experience with traditional and/or agile project management
- History of Automation and Digitalization initiatives
- Six Sigma training or similar
- Aerospace specific knowledge (aircraft and propulsion technology component understanding)
- Experience in production of key commodities such as Castings, Forgings, Machining, Complex Fabrications
This is an individual contributor role without supervisory responsibilities. However, a fast learner with leadership skills can expect fast progression to management / production leader type roles.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work may be performed in an office, warehouse or hangar environment with exposure to noise from aircraft and machinery. Light physical demands associated with an office work environment. May need to lift/move materials up to 25lbs. with or without assistance.
50-60% of this position may involve travel. In order to perform essential duties there will be a need to spend significant time at key supplier’s facilities. Most suppliers are anticipated to be in USA/North America but some travel internationally may be required. There will be a degree of flexibility on working location which will be a hybrid of remote/onsite.
REPORTS TO: Director, Propulsion Engineering
SCHEDULE: Remote, M-F work schedule with flexibility around weekends and travel. Exempt position with a minimum of 40 hours; remote/office position
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 – $120,000/year
At Eclipse Aerospace, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on the revolutionary aircraft that began the Very Light Jet category of aircraft. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in aviation as demonstrated by the Eclipse Jet winning the 2005 Collier Trophy as that year’s “greatest achievement in aeronautics and astronautics in America”. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve on the Eclipse Jets for the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to keep our Eclipse Jets at the forefront of aviation. Our employees are not only part of history, they continue making history.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Eclipse provides a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time off (holidays, vacation and sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check which includes a pre-employment drug screen. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Eclipse Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at this time we are not able to sponsor visas.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Eclipse Aerospace, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.