Job TitleAvionics & Electrical Systems Engineer
Job IDENG 001
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryPerforms system and subsystem integration, technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total systems throughout the system lifecycle. Analyses are performed at all levels of total systems product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design of aircraft electrical systems and components
- Conduct technical research and prepare technical documentation and presentations
- Technical direction of electrical system certification projects
- Technical direction for sub-contract development of electrical systems and components
- BSEE (May be waived in consideration of relevant professional experience)
- 5+ years’ experience with aircraft electrical system and component design
- 14 CFR Part 23 Certification
- RTCA DO-160 Qualification
- Project and team leadership
- Subcontract technical management
- Electrical and systems design and certification
- Power generation and distribution design and certification
- Avionics and electrical systems test and integration
- HIRF/Lightning/EMI design, testing, and certification
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- Relevant EA500 experience preferred
- FAA DER Appointments in Lightning/HIRF protection, EMI, Software, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee is regularly expected to stand, walk, sit, reach, stoop, crawl, twist and kneel. There is repetitive motion to this position of all extremities. The employee must be able to move up to and in excess of 50 pounds safely with and without the assistance of machinery as required, climb in and out of aircraft as well as climbing up and down ladders and maintenance stands.
Employee will need to work near moving mechanical parts and machinery, in loud working conditions. Working Conditions will be both in climate controlled environments, as well as in the natural elements, as the nature of the position dictates that some of the activities associated with this position will be performed both inside and outside of a controlled structure.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel may be required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
REPORTS TO: Manager, Avionics & Electrical Engineering
SCHEDULE: M-F / Exempt position with a minimum work week of 40 hours
SALARY RANGE: starting at $95,000.00 per year; based on education and experience
At Eclipse Aerospace, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on the revolutionary aircraft that began the Very Light Jet category of aircraft. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in aviation as demonstrated by the Eclipse Jet winning the 2005 Collier Trophy as that year’s “greatest achievement in aeronautics and astronautics in America”. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve on the Eclipse Jets for the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to keep our Eclipse Jets at the forefront of aviation. Our employees are not only part of history, they continue making history.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Eclipse provides a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time off (holidays, vacation and sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check which includes a pre-employment drug screen. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Eclipse Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at this time we are not able to sponsor visas.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Eclipse Aerospace, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.