550 Jet Specs
What is it like to live the Eclipse Jet Life? Life becomes about going where you want to go, getting there on your own terms. No more searching online for airline tickets to your destination. No more waiting in line at security checkpoints and arriving hours early for your flight. With an Eclipse Jet in your hangar, you fuel up and fly away to any one of over 5,000 US airports, including small fields not serviced by major airlines.
We built a private jet for the business person who believes in practical and efficient travel; for the man or woman that needs to be in three cities in one day and doesn’t want to sacrifice dinner with their family in order to do it. We built a jet to fit your mission, your lifestyle, and your budget.
- Max Cruise Speed: 375 KTS
- NBAA IFR Range w/ Max Fuel: 1,125 NM
- Max Altitude / Ceiling: 41,000 ft
- Cruise Fuel Flow: 48-68 gph
- Available payload w/ Full Fuel (incl. pilot): 614 lb
- Takeoff Distance 2,433
- Landing Distance 2,790 ft
- Time to Climb to 41,000 ft (ISA / MTOW) 34 min
- All Engine Rate of Climb (ISA / MTOW): 2,641 fpm
- One Engine Inop. Rate of Climb 5,500 lb 539 fpm
- One Engine Inop. Service Ceiling 5,500 lb 27,400 ft
At Eclipse, we take particular pride in the safety record of our fleet. We designed the Eclipse Jet to be flown single pilot, adding safety features that other light jets can only dream about — features that heighten awareness of weather, traffic and other obstacles in flight. We have streamlined control of the Eclipse Jet to make piloting your own jet a less formidable task. Simply put: we built the Eclipse 550 to be safe and easy to fly.