Job TitleStrategic Supply Manager
Job IDSCM 007
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General Summary**Lead Candidate Identified. This position is responsible for the strategic management of assigned mechanical and build to print commodities/products as well as avionics. Working cross-functionally, the SSM owns the supplier and supply chain management process and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The SSM will lead the cross-functional Commodity Management Team (CMT) for the assigned commodities/products to include, but not limited to: 1) selecting suppliers to meet the overall Eclipse goals and objectives; 2) negotiate supplier contracts; 3) ensure proper contract administration; 4) manage supplier relationships strategically to ensure Eclipse’s technical, manufacturing, quality, product support and logistics needs are met and to ensure a continuity of supply; 5) manage supplier and commodity improvement objectives. Key business processes that the SSM will manage include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the cross functional (CMT)
- Negotiate contracts
- Through the CMT ensure proper contract administration
- Perform supplier capacity, capability, quality, delivery and cost analysis and implement closed loop corrective actions or action plans for improvement
- Engage with the appropriate levels of the supplier’s organization to ensure two-way communication, problem resolution, strategic alignment, and synergy
- Ensure closed loop change management processes on engineering changes, schedule changes and part transitions
- Manage ongoing costs and cost reductions
- Conduct supplier business reviews
- Account for and manage Eclipse assets on site at the supplier
In addition, the SSM will stay current with industry trends, technology and suppliers and recommend and initiate proactive improvements and solutions such as:
- Monitor industry and supplier’s financial health and ownership and initiate mitigation plans as necessary.
- Based on industry technology and trends, provide recommendations on products and technology to be utilized in the aircraft designs
- Observe geo-political developments around the world and recommend and initiate proactive mitigation plans as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years + working experience post degree in supply chain
- Cross function team management
- Expertise in negotiating and administering contracts
- Strong experience in auditing supplier capacity, quality and business processes and capabilities and enacting performance improvements
- Experience in and strong aptitude for dealing with and resolving commercial business issues
- Basic familiarity with supply chain management principles, practices and tools including, but not limited to MRP; document management systems and demand flow.
- Process mapping, lean manufacturing and variable data management experience and skills
- Strategic supplier relationship management experience
- Experience dealing with VP, President and CEO levels
- Assertive and can interject and intercede to force necessary work and changes to reach the Eclipse objectives
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Available and willing to travel, including overseas if required
- Understand fiduciary responsibility and limitations
- Engineering Degree
- Experience with SAP & Microsoft Projects
This is an individual contributor role without supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
General office environment with exposure to noise from aircraft and machinery. Light physical demands associated with an office work environment. May need to lift/move materials up to 25lbs. with or without assistance.
Minimal travel may be required
REPORTS TO: Director, Supply Chain
SCHEDULE: M-F / exempt position with a minimum work week of 40 hours
SALARY RANGE: $85K – $120K / year
At Eclipse Aerospace, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on the revolutionary aircraft that began the Very Light Jet category of aircraft. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in aviation as demonstrated by the Eclipse Jet winning the 2005 Collier Trophy as that year’s “greatest achievement in aeronautics and astronautics in America”. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve on the Eclipse Jets for the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to keep our Eclipse Jets at the forefront of aviation. Our employees are not only part of history, they continue making history.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Eclipse provides a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time off (holidays, vacation and sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check which includes a pre-employment drug screen. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Eclipse Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at this time we are not able to sponsor visas.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Eclipse Aerospace, please contact us at email@example.com.