Job TitleMaterial Handler
Job IDDIST 010
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryAccountable for Stockroom Organization including but not limited to, Storage of Parts and Materials, Shelf-life, Bin maintenance, Shipping Area including packaging material, equipment and general cleanliness. Perform Receiving Inspection duties in accordance with EAI Policies and Procedures under PC550 and/or Repair Station Guidelines. Complies and maintains documentation for parts, material and services received and sold. Disbursement of parts, materials, receipt of cores and unused products from EAI facilities and customers. Perform Cycle Counts and inventory reconciliations. Safely and accurately package, label and ship Parts, Materials and other goods such as Documents, Samples, Merchandise, and Tools to Customers, Suppliers, Government Agencies, and other EAI Facilities domestically and internationally. Use of Carrier based hardware/software programs (i.e., FEDEX and UPS) Identify and correctly label, package. Prepare International Shipments and Generate Documentation needed to clear customs for specific countries as required. Adhere to BIS (Bureau of Industry and Security) regulations and document ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) and end use of Material shipped outside of the United States or to a foreign recipient. Validate and document the physical condition of goods prior to packaging and shipment. Complies and maintains documentation for all shipments from EAI facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process shipments domestically and internationally following regulations of EAI and government agencies.
- Load and Unload trucks ensuring that all material and paperwork is complete and accounted for.
- Process claim discrepancies with the supply base.
- Participate in cross-functional teams activities.
- Order, expedite and track material to meet company/customer demands.
- Fill material shortages in a timely manner.
- Perform inventory audits as directed.
- Recording information about materials received and shipped in computer system.
- Packaging and handling materials within EAI and government agencies regulations.
- Ensuring that all materials requiring inspection are moved to the proper locations.
- Separating and moving materials, equipment and supplies to and from appropriate areas.
- Pulling inventory materials to fill customer orders, production orders, and Service Center and Distribution work orders
- Kitting parts as required for production and distribution
- High school diploma/Equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ experience in material handling
- Understanding of basic Material Management Functions and Standard Practices
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Domestic, International, Freight LTL and Dedicated Carrier Shipping
- Forklift Experience
- SAP Experience, Corridor experience
- Working knowledge within an AS9100 QMS environment (Aerospace)
- HAZMAT Certification IATA/DOT (Shipping)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee is regularly expected to stand, walk, sit, reach, stoop, crawl, twist and kneel. There is repetitive motion to this position of all extremities. The employee must be able to move up to and in excess of 50 pounds safely with and without the assistance of machinery as required, climb in and out of aircraft as well as climbing up and down ladders and maintenance stands.
Employee will need to work near moving mechanical parts and machinery, in loud working conditions. Working Conditions will be both in climate controlled environments, as well as in the natural elements, as the nature of the position dictates that some of the activities associated with this position will be performed both inside and outside of a controlled structure.
REPORTS TO: Director, Logistics
SCHEDULE: M-F / 8 hour shift
SALARY RANGE: $15.25 – $25.00 / hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
At Eclipse Aerospace, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on the revolutionary aircraft that began the Very Light Jet category of aircraft. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in aviation as demonstrated by the Eclipse Jet winning the 2005 Collier Trophy as that year’s “greatest achievement in aeronautics and astronautics in America”. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve on the Eclipse Jets for the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to keep our Eclipse Jets at the forefront of aviation. Our employees are not only part of history, they continue making history.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Eclipse provides a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time off (holidays, vacation and sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check which includes a pre-employment drug screen. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Eclipse Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Eclipse Aerospace, please contact us at email@example.com.