Job TitleMaterial Handler
Job IDDIST 008
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryAccountable for Stockroom Organization including but not limited to, Storage of Parts and Materials, Shelf-life, Bin maintenance, Shipping Area including packaging material, equipment and general cleanliness. Perform Receiving Inspection duties in accordance with EAI Policies and Procedures under PC550 and/or Repair Station Guidelines. Complies and maintains documentation for parts, material and services received and sold. Disbursement of parts, materials, receipt of cores and unused products from EAI facilities and customers. Perform Cycle Counts and inventory reconciliations. Safely and accurately package, label and ship Parts, Materials and other goods such as Documents, Samples, Merchandise, and Tools to Customers, Suppliers, Government Agencies, and other EAI Facilities domestically and internationally. Use of Carrier based hardware/software programs (i.e., FEDEX and UPS) Identify and correctly label, package. Prepare International Shipments and Generate Documentation needed to clear customs for specific countries as required. Adhere to BIS (Bureau of Industry and Security) regulations and document ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) and end use of Material shipped outside of the United States or to a foreign recipient. Validate and document the physical condition of goods prior to packaging and shipment. Complies and maintains documentation for all shipments from EAI facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process shipments domestically and internationally following regulations of EAI and government agencies.
- Load and Unload trucks ensuring that all material and paperwork is complete and accounted for.
- Process claim discrepancies with the supply base.
- Participate in cross-functional teams activities.
- Order, expedite and track material to meet company/customer demands.
- Fill material shortages in a timely manner.
- Perform inventory audits as directed.
- Recording information about materials received and shipped in computer system.
- Packaging and handling materials within EAI and government agencies regulations.
- Ensuring that all materials requiring inspection are moved to the proper locations.
- Separating and moving materials, equipment and supplies to and from appropriate areas.
- Pulling inventory materials to fill customer orders, production orders, and Service Center and Distribution work orders
- Kitting parts as required for production and distribution
- High school diploma/Equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ experience in material handling
- Understanding of basic Material Management Functions and Standard Practices
- Domestic, International, Freight LTL and Dedicated Carrier Shipping
- Forklift Experience
- SAP Experience, Corridor experience
- Working knowledge within an AS9100 QMS environment (Aerospace)
- HAZMAT Certification IATA/DOT (Shipping)
Employee will need to work near moving mechanical parts and in loud working conditions. Working Conditions will be both in climate controlled environments, as well as in the natural elements, as the nature of the position dictates that some of the activities associated with this position will be performed both inside and outside of a controlled structure.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS
The employee is regularly expected to stand, walk, sit, reach, stoop and kneel. The employee must be able to move up to and in excess of 50 pounds safely with and without the assistance of machinery as required.