Job TitleFlight Test Technician, A&P
Job IDFT 003
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryTroubleshoots; repairs and services flight test aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft and flight test systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms, as well as flight test specific records.
- 4+ years’ experience working in an aircraft maintenance environment as aircraft maintenance technician
- A&P license
- Ability to communicate and resolve issues or problems with engineers, designers, and pilots
- Knowledge and experience in the ground operation of flight test aircraft, launch and recovery
- Experience problem solving in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience in conducting aircraft specific airworthiness inspection operations
- Experience in conducting pre-flight and post-flight inspections
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work to meet time schedules established for launch and recovery of test aircraft
Position requires demonstrated proficiencies in the following areas:
- Standard maintenance and shop practices
- Sheet metal fabrication and repairs
- Avionics troubleshooting and repair
- Flight test instrumentation operation and repair
- Installation of aircraft ballast with weight and balance calculations
- Aircraft movement and towing
- Fueling and defueling operations
- Hanger operations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting, up to 50lbs
- Repetitive motion of all extremities
- Climbing in and out of aircraft
- Climbing up and down on ladders and maintenance stands
The employee is regularly expected to stand, walk, sit, reach, stoop, twist and kneel. There is repetitive motion to this position of all extremities. The employee must be able to move up to and in excess of 50 pounds safely with and without the assistance of machinery as required, climb in and out of aircraft as well as climbing up and down ladders and maintenance stands.
Employee will need to work near moving mechanical parts and in loud working conditions. Working Conditions will be both in climate controlled environments, as well as in the natural elements, as the nature of the position dictates that some of the activities associated with this position will be performed both inside and outside of a controlled structure.
Minimal travel may be required.