Job TitleAircraft Maintenance Technician - Structures
Job IDPROD 021-048
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryPerform routine assembly in the form of work orders, routers, MWO’s, NCR’s accompanied by diagrams / oral and written instructions that cover sequence of operations and critical dimensions. The work consists of recurring steps that involve the assembly of parts, subassemblies, and larger components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform routine assembly in the form of work orders, routers, MWO’s, NCR’s accompanied by diagrams / oral and written instructions that cover sequence of operations and critical dimensions. The work consists of recurring steps that involve the assembly of parts, subassemblies, and larger components.
- Performs multiple tasks on an assigned team, project or functional area. Tasks will typically be performed within full-scale production manufacturing operations by following established methods and procedures.
- Monitors and verifies quantities (ex: sealant usage, drill bit usage, fastener usage) in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Demonstrates an ability to use computers tools such as SAP.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience with aircraft assembly
- Proficient in the safe use of sheet metal assembly and fabrication tools such as rivet guns, drill motors, shears, cherry max, and assembly and installation tools
- Proficient in schematic/blueprint reading
- Experience using measuring tools, devices and equipment such as rulers, scales and micrometers or multi-meters
- Demonstrated technical, oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Experience maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Experience using SAP
- Experience using Teamcenter
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee is regularly expected to stand, walk, sit, reach, stoop, crawl, twist and kneel. There is repetitive motion to this position of all extremities. The employee must be able to move up to and in excess of 50 pounds safely with and without the assistance of machinery as required, climb in and out of aircraft as well as climbing up and down ladders and maintenance stands.
Employee will need to work near moving mechanical parts and machinery, in loud working conditions. Working Conditions will be both in climate controlled environments, as well as in the natural elements, as the nature of the position dictates that some of the activities associated with this position will be performed both inside and outside of a controlled structure.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel may be required
REPORTS TO: Manager, Primary or Final Assembly
SCHEDULE: M-Th / 10 hour shift
SALARY RANGE: $21.50 – $27.00 / hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
At Eclipse Aerospace, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on the revolutionary aircraft that began the Very Light Jet category of aircraft. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in aviation as demonstrated by the Eclipse Jet winning the 2005 Collier Trophy as that year’s “greatest achievement in aeronautics and astronautics in America”. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve on the Eclipse Jets for the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to keep our Eclipse Jets at the forefront of aviation. Our employees are not only part of history, they continue making history.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Eclipse provides a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time off (holidays, vacation and sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check which includes a pre-employment drug screen. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Eclipse Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Eclipse Aerospace, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.